With the release of the new Bonkers collection to keep your dog looking fresh and cool this summer, it's important to know how to actually keep your dog cool in this UK heatwave! Here are some brilliant tips and DIY dog tricks to keep cool in the summer sun! Especially with yummy dog friendly ice cream!
1. Get out the kids paddling pool! Make sure to get your dog submerged in some cold water so they don't overheat. Playtime just got better.
2. Iceberg spotted!! - get some ice in their bowl! A great way to keep them cold is to make sure their water is, add ice throughout the day when the temperature is very hot!
3. Give them a very fashionable treat! A wet washcloth, soak a household kitchen washcloth in cold water and wrap it loosely around your dogs neck, keeping them nice and cool. Dog jackets are available for dogs that find it hard to keep their body temperature down, these also get soaked in water and are worn, perfect summer wardrobe.
4. We know how much dogs LOVE ice-cream, just make sure it's good for them too and as a bonus you can have one too!
1 cup of blueberries
1 6oz plain yogurt
1 tsp of ground flax seed
Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Distribute the mixture evenly into an empty ice tray. Keep in the freezer till frozen.
5. Fans are 'Fan-tastic' for keeping your dog happy in the summer heat. A nice ventilated area for them to cool down in is really helpful for when it all gets too hot. Lay out their bed in front of the fan and give them some chill out time. They'll soon be around again wanting more ice cream!